Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Some mo' better quotes than that lame AFI crap:

Abby: If I was a guy, I think women would like, line up to go out with me. I'm smart. I have a good sense of humor. I make a great living.

Noelle: I'd fuck you.

Abby: Thank you, honey. I know you would.

-- Janeanne Garofalo and Uma Thurman in The Truth About Cats and Dogs

I went to call the cops but I knew she'd be dead before they got there, and I'd be free. Bannister's note to the D.A.'d fix it; I'd be innocent, officially, but that's a big word, `innocent.' Stupid's more like it. Well, everybody is somebody's fool. The only way to stay out of trouble is to grow old, so I guess I'll concentrate on that. Maybe I'll live so long that I'll forget her. Maybe I'll die, trying.

--Orson Welles, mourning Rita Hayworth, in The Lady from Shanghai

You know, the next time you get an urge and I bust my ass getting back here and getting a cab, you think you could possibly add a little more movement, you know, just to get the whole Claymation feel?

--Ben Stiller, post-coital, to Catherine Keener in Your Friends and Neighbors.

You see? You see? Your stupid minds...stupid! Stupid!!

-- Dudley Manlove in Plan 9 From Outer Space.

One day, back in 1896, I was crossing over to Jersey on a ferry and as we pulled out, there was another ferry pulling in -- and on it, there was a girl waiting to get off. A white dress she had on - and she was carrying a white parasol - and I only saw her for one second and she didn't see me at all - but I'll bet a month hasn't gone by since that I haven't thought of that girl.

-- Everett Sloane in Citizen Kane.

If it was a game you should have played it to the end! You should have fucked me. You'd have been a rat but that's life.

-- Emmanuelle Beart in Un Couer En Hiver.

Vince: I was in the jungle - the bush we called it - for approximately nine months...

Sheldon: Nine months! That must have really been something!

Vince: It was. I saw things... They have tsetse flies down there the size of eagles.

-- Peter Falk and Alan Arkin in The In-Laws

The poor dope - he always wanted a pool. Well, in the end, he got himself a pool.

-- William Holden in Sunset Blvd.

I'm gonna get the paper, get the paper ...

-- Johnny Two Times in GoodFellas


No comments: