Sunday, August 25, 2002

Famous last words

"I went to call the cops but I knew she'd be dead before they got there, and I'd be free. Bannister's note to the D.A.'d fix it; I'd be innocent, officially, but that's a big word, `innocent.' Stupid's more like it. Well, everybody is somebody's fool. The only way to stay out of trouble is to grow old, so I guess I'll concentrate on that. Maybe I'll live so long that I'll forget her. Maybe I'll die, trying."

--Orson Welles, mourning Rita Hayworth, in The Lady from Shanghai


"You know, the next time you get an urge and I bust my ass getting back here and getting a cab, you think you could possibly add a little more movement, you know, just to get the whole Claymation feel?"

--Ben Stiller, post-coital, to Catherine Keener in Your Friends and Neighbors.



No comments: