Monday, November 01, 2004

Dare I be hopeful about tomorrow's prospects? Tonight I'm doing my damndest. I was just in the car listening to the radio when some redneck called up and asked for some "Republican music, like Ted Nugent." The DJ obliged him, so I'm here listening to Neil Young sing "Rockin' in the Free World." All day long, there are glimmers of hope on the Internet, despite the polls -- and all for the same reason: the great chance that an enormous voter turnout will unleash a tidal wave of Kerry support. This is such a great election because it's so razor-thin tight, tight, tight, and no one can really assume anything. 48-47, 47-48, however you slice it -- man, it's just flat out exciting. I cannot WAIT to vote tomorrow. I want to just spring out of bed and go do it.

Know what I hate about George W. Bush? well, the same things you do, generally, but the main thing, or almost the main thing, is that cocky, dick-swinging, I'm-right-the-rest-of-the-world's-wrong arrogance. Drives me nuts. It was there in spades on the Today show this morning, when he was interviewed by Tom Brokaw. Brokaw asked him all these questions about how, if he won, he'd try to heal the rift between these two halves of the country. Bush, being Bush, basically talked about things his administration was already doing, blah blah blah. In other words, no, Tom, I'm not gonna change a goddam thing and if the rest of the country doesn't like it they can suck my ass. And that's the way he's run his whole stupid presidency, just like the drunken frat boy he is.

Bush takes the mantle from Richard Nixon as the worst president of my lifetime -- and easily one of the worst we've ever had. FIRE HIM!

No comments: