Saturday, January 29, 2005

This comment I posted at 2 Blowhards makes me sound like such a stuffy, pretentious prick -- but what else can I say? It's the way I am. I think I have a dread fear of that whole "I'm growing old, my attention span is shorter" thing, although at some level I'm sure I'm as guilty of it as anyone. But with me it's not patience -- I still have loads of that -- I just think I'm growing dumber and my ability to grasp things is maybe weakening. I don't think I'm as quick on the uptake as maybe I once was, and as a consequence I'm willing to endure more; I'm willing to spend a lot of time to gain a little insight.

Cold, wet day. Ice on the roads earlier, although it's melting. I just went out to get a sandwich and smokes. I don't think I'll go out again. Fine. I have my books and my poetry to protect me.


No comments: