Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Remember that cute girl? The one you made posters with? The one who helped you set up props for "Ladies in Retirement"? Now she's First Other Woman.

Here's a story in which I have a slight personal interest, and of which I've only just become aware.

Back in the Nixon and Ford years, I attended Northeast High School in St. Petersburg, Fla., where I knew this very sweet girl named Becky O'Dell. We were in plays, or rather we worked on them together backstage. She was a cheerleader, she had pigtails, and she was one of those very peppy, friendly types who didn't have an enemy in the world.

Well, she sure has her share of them now.

Yesterday I was Googling for something else when I discovered that she's been quite the topic in Florida political circles for some time now. She a hardcore right-wing Republican conservative, and she says Republican governor Charlie Crist is the father of her daughter.

No comments: