Tuesday, January 11, 2011

The Modern Library Reading Challenge

Ed Champion takes The Modern Library Reading Challenge. Every time I look at that list, which came out some years ago, I check my stats. Seems I never get out of the low 40s or so. A lot of the books are really long (and as Ed points out, some are actually several books) but there are some I've inexcusably never read (Tobacco Road, The Call of the Wild) that are small and manageable. And, of course, there are some whose presence on the list is a mystery: From Here to Eternity. I doubt anyone but the author thought that was great -- although I can absolutely attest it is readable and my teenage memories of it are happy ones. Just not great great li.

1 comment:

K. said...

This is exactly what my blog is about!
http://themodernlibrarians.blogspot.com/